Once upon a time, there was aromatherapy… Once upon a time, there was wellness…
Now, there’s YON-KA Paris. The same skin care product line being awarded by some of the top magazines in the country, such as: Elle, InStyle, Wall Street Journal, Lucky, Allure, Vanity Fair & Much more!
Longevity is proud to now offer this exclusive skin care line to our clientele. To find out if YON-KA Paris is right for you, we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions about the line! Of course, if you’d rather skip straight to speaking with one of our skin care specialists, you can always give us a call at 405-703-4990! Or sign up here for a free consultation!
YON-KA PARIS FAQs
What does Quintessence mean?
Quintessence is an exclusive and treasured formula combining 5 essential oils with extraordinary synergetic properties. Yon-Ka Quintessence is the DNA of our brand:
- Fine lavender from Haute Provence (lavandula angustifolia) with calming, healing and anti-inflammatory properties,
- Rosemary from Morocco (rosmarinus officinalis) with antiseptic, regenerating and toning properties,
- Geranium from Egypt (pélargonium graveolens) with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and healing properties,
- Thyme from Spain (thymus officinalis), excellent stimulant with powerful antiseptic properties,
- Cypress from Provence (cupressus sempervirens) decongestant and powerful nervous system regulator.
Used in various concentrations in 70% of our ranges, always pre-measured to ensure absolute safety and optimum results, Quintessence increases the effectiveness of the ingredients it is combined with and provides an olfactory experience that can be relaxing or energizing depending on what is needed.
What does YON-KA Treat?
- Introductory Systems
- Make-up removers
- Healing Mist
- Age prevention
- Global anti-aging
- Eyes & lip contouring
ARE YON-KA PRODUCTS ALL NATURAL?
Yes, Yon-Ka Paris products are natural based. Please refer to the side of the retail box for the percentage of ingredients of natural origin. 70% of the line has 90% or higher ingredients of natural origin. Yon-Ka holds itself to strict standards and has been self-regulating our usage of natural ingredients for years.
ARE YON-KA PRODUCTS VEGAN AND/OR VEGETARIAN?
No. Yon-Ka Paris sometimes supports the botanical extracts and essential oils in our formulas with proteins. For example: milk peptides, marine collagen, etc.
ARE YON-KA PRODUCTS PARABEN FREE?
With the new face of Yon-Ka, Yon-Ka Paris is moving to becoming paraben free. The goal is to be 100% paraben free by the end of 2014. Relatedly, 21 of the Yon-Ka products are preservative free due to their concentrate of essential oils and their fragments and naturally self-preserve.
ARE YON-KA PRODUCTS SAFE DURING PREGNANCY?
Yes. Yon-Ka products are safe and effective during pregnancy. We recommend following the obstetricians advice regarding any contraindications.
ARE YON-KA PRODUCTS TESTED ON ANIMALS ?
Yon-Ka products are not tested on animals, the safety tests are carried out according to alternative methods. In vivo tests were carried out on human volunteers under medical supervision:
- clinically tested means that tolerance tests and / or efficacy were performed on humans under the supervision of a Medical Investigator;
- dermatologically tested means that these tests were performed on humans under the supervision of a Physician Dermatologist
So how do you know YON-KA works?
Here are the efficacy tests faced by Yon-Ka products
- The tests are conducted on selected groups and with objective & measurable techniques
The selection of candidates, size of the panel and duration of the test depend on the product claim and recommendation of use.
A few examples:
- appraisal and measurement of the non comedogenic impact of the cream (measure of the potential triggering and appearance of comedons (aka: black heads): the test is done with a minimum of 20 volunteers presenting combination to oily skin, acne prone, evaluated day 1 and after 4 weeks of using the product in standard conditions.
- Measure of hydration levels
- Measure of the exfoliating and clarifying effectiveness
- Measure of the firming effect
- Measure of the wrinkle depth
- Tests on cellular cultures in order to validate actives performance
- Tests on epidermis models, reconstructed pigmented epidermis from different ethnic origins
- Tests on human transcutaneous explants taken during surgery and maintained alive – (ex. : test done for the Advanced Optimizer Cream and proving the anti MMP1 effectiveness)
- Consumer tests
Conducted on 10 to 150 consumers theses tests allow a better understanding and appraisal of the assets or weak points of a product, and the actual relevance of the product to the consumer’s needs and expectations. The products are then developed accordingly.